What drug formulation challenges can CritiTech help your team to overcome?
At CritiTech, our top priority is to help our customers achieve their product development goals. What stands in the way? Challenges range from fairly common to highly unusual. Our experts, with a wealth of specific experience, utilize both proprietary and industry-standard particle engineering technologies to help our customers improve and optimize drug formulations, increase bioavailability, modify pharmacokinetic (PK) profile, alter dosing and modify delivery of drugs.
Your Challenges – Our Expertise
- Poor bioavailability, solubility and absorption
- Suboptimal routes of administration
- Formulation (e.g. poor flowability)
- Toxicity and negative side effects
- Poor patient compliance and inconvenience
- Patent expiration – Lifecycle management
~70-90% of drugs developed in pharma-ceutical industry are poorly soluble molecules
Source: Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology and Drug Delivery and Formulation Forum
Drug revenues can decrease up to 70% within several months of patent expiration
Source: EvaluatePharma and Dolcera